Centric, a Kansas City-based construction company won the second division of the Kansas City Business Journal‘s Coolest Office Spaces contest.
Here are some fast facts about the Centric office:
- Located at 520 W. Pennway St. in Kansas City, Centric’s offices occupy 10,000 square feet on the first floor of the historic McQueeny Lock Building, which also houses Superior Bowen and Inspired Homes.
- The company hasn’t been in the space long. Centric moved into the offices in July, paying roughly $1 million for its part of the renovation.
- The company has 113 employees in the office.
- The company does not have desks, only large work-style tables, which helps foster collaboration between teams.
- Fun fact: “Our partners truly believe in an ‘open door policy.’ In fact, they don’t have offices; instead their desks are placed in the middle of our workspace (along with) a large table with extra seating, providing an inviting atmosphere. Behind their desks you can find one of the first paintings they acquired as business partners; a painting of Beevis and Butthead sitting together on a couch.”
- Music plays throughout the office from a playlist that all employees contribute to.